Compensation for Injuries from Unsafe Conditions
Slip and Fall / Premises Liability Claims in Kansas and Missouri
If you were seriously injured because of a property owner’s negligence, the Lenexa, Kansas law firm of Michael R. Lawless, P.A., Attorney at Law can help you make a viable case for monetary damages. We have secured numerous settlements and jury awards in premises liability cases for clients in eastern Kansas and western Missouri.
Free Case Evaluation: 913-681-5566, 816-966-0099, or 1-800-734-3771
The owner of private property, or a government entity responsible for public property, can be held liable for injuries resulting from:
- A slip and fall on wet or slippery surfaces
- Construction defects or pavement in disrepair
- A rape or assault enabled by poor security or lighting or other conditions
- Neglected maintenance or falling merchandise
- Unsafe conditions under the town building code
Experience and Results
Through investigations of the scene, witness interviews, and police reports, Mike Lawless assembles a strong case on behalf of clients. He strives for full compensation by demonstrating the owner’s accountability for a slip and fall, trip and fall, attack or accident. Practicing personal injury law since 1980, he is a skilled negotiator of insurance settlements, and a proven trial lawyer when we must seek results in court.
- We represented a young disabled woman who broke several bones in a hidden defect accident on school property. She was thrown from her wheelchair on a severe drop-off at a rear entrance, which her aide failed to see. We settled for the policy limits under the government liability statute ($320,000).
Michael R. Lawless, P.A., Attorney at Law has also prevailed in cases of grocery store slip and fall injury, a trip and fall on a curled-up entry mat, green peas on the green floor, and other premises liability claims.
Contact us today at 913-681-5566, 816-966-0099, or 1-800-734-3771. We offer a free consultation, including evening and weekend appointments, at our Lenexa and Grandview, Missouri offices.