Do You Need A Lawyer When Dealing With Worker’s Compensation?

When you are an employee you have responsibilities not only to yourself, but also your department, your boss, and overall the business, or company that you represent. In order to get the job done employees in this day and age are making sure that they are there early, and the last to leave until the task is completed. However, many employees are not properly trained, and are ill informed about the safety precautions that should be practiced, and followed. Ultimately, serious injuries, and even death can be a common result of these. Yet, when you file a worker’s compensation claim do you even need an attorney?

The Problem At Hand

The answer is absolutely, without a doubt, yes. When you file a worker’s compensation claim you are telling your boss, and your company that you are injured and need financial, or professional compensation in order to get over the injury entirely. Unfortunately, by today’s standard, many individuals who file worker’s compensation claims go unrewarded, and even can become fired as a result of asking for compensation for their injury. With this as an example, when you have an attorney on your side you not only face the likelihood of getting the damages that you deserve, but have little to no worries when it comes down to your employment status after your compensation claim.

What Do You Do As An Injured Employee?

Many employers that do not support worker’ compensation claims simply either do not respond to a claim that has been filed, “overlook” it, or even respond with almost  nothing in comparison to the compensation that is actually needed by the employee. However, an attorney not only helps you not settle for this, but also helps back up your case with evidence that solidifies your injury, and the circumstances at fault that aided to it.

When it comes down to your worker’s compensation claim you need an individual that you can rely on to help you in the hard time you, and your family could potentially come face to face with. Contact an experienced worker’s compensation attorney today to help get your case started.

Changes are constantly made within the field of employment, so if you plan on filing a workman’s compensation claim, it would be best to seek professional help. It is important to have someone on your side that knows the law and knows how to make it work for you. Michael R. Lawless, P.A., Attorney at Law specializes in these types of case. He provides a free consultation, including evenings and weekends by appointment, at their offices in Lenexa, Kansas or Grandview, Missouri offices. Call today at 1-800-734-3771, 913-681-5566 or 816-966-0099.